May 22, 2006

Manners?

Everyone is aware of the latest to do with the Dixie Pollo-ettes, but I just had to highlight this porion of their most recent interview:

... the controversy was a blessing in disguise

"I'd rather have a small following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith," Maguire said. "We don't want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do."

But you happily took their money for your CDs, concerts, merchandise, right? Maybe you should have told of us fans that you don't really want that you didn't want us back when when your first CD came out. I could have saved myself some money!

To think I used to be such a big fan of theirs. What a bunch of spoiled, whiney little brats they turned out to be. They're millionaires, but the fans that made them wealthy and famous are no better than the dirt under their shoes as far as they're concerened. You know, I'm not even that much of a Reba fan, but she has more class than all three of the pollo-ettes combined -- and then some.

Posted by Ithildin at May 22, 2006 12:00 PM | PROCURE FINE OLD WORLD ABSINTHE

"Pollo-ettes" - /snicker. :-)

Posted by: Princess Jami at May 22, 2006 12:27 PM

One of our local DJs used to call them La pollos de Dixie.

Posted by: Ith at May 22, 2006 12:34 PM

I never understood why everyone thought they were great. Never liked their music. But, if this is their attitude, they should move over to Pop and officially leave the country arena.

My guess is since they finally have a record coming out they are inciting this again, including taking back the apology (half-hearted that it was) to generate press for the release. Hopefully no-one will buy it and record stations will not play the cd.
Roberta

Posted by: Roberta at May 22, 2006 2:12 PM

Fie on the Dixie Chicks! My heart belongs to Emmy Lou.

Posted by: Francis W. Porretto at May 22, 2006 2:26 PM

I'm really not a spanglish nazi.. but shouldn't it be

[i]Las pollos de Dixie[/i]?

[i]fleeing[/i]

Posted by: Jon at May 23, 2006 1:36 PM

Swith over to the Tres Chicas - much better music with out all the phoney fal-da-rah!

Posted by: Sal at May 24, 2006 4:19 PM

Ahh the Dixie Shits... just what inspired these jackasses to do all this yip yapping again these days?? Spoiled litte shits. They need to shut the hell up and move on with life.

Posted by: Lori at May 24, 2006 4:58 PM

If they want a "small following" they will get it.

BTY, I think Reba is a moonbat too.

Posted by: Daniel Upton at May 24, 2006 8:53 PM

Jon, it's actually Los Pollos, since "pollo" is masculine.

But I prefer No Mas Pollos anyway.

Posted by: Eric at May 25, 2006 6:54 PM

[Comment Removed by Management]

Remember, reading is fundamental. Just to recap, these are the rules for commenting here:

It's a simple one, folks. Opposing POVs are welcome, abusive language/commenters are not, and will not be tolerated.

Follow the rules, and I'll be happy to read your thoughts.

Posted by: at May 26, 2006 9:24 AM

Again!!

[Comment Removed by Management]

Follow the rules, and I'll be happy to read your thoughts.

Posted by: Bryant at June 3, 2006 9:25 AM