November 2, 2005

PUMP UP THE VOLUME!!

I haven't been into "angry" blogging these days, but this morning, I may be over my current aversion. I probably shouldn't watch TV in the morning, I really shouldn't. So what set me off? I think it's just the same thing over and over and over and.... well, you get the idea. For months, the only idea the Dems have had in their lil heads is to keep saying, "They lied!". That's their big plan it seems. See, we're so stupid, that if we keep hearing them screech, "they lied!' enough times, we'll actually believe them. Cus we're the unwashed masses who need to be fed and led to the 'correct' thoughts and decisions. Never mind that most of us can read, use a search engine, and have fairly adequate memories of what's been going on the last few years. If we hear Dean scream "LIED!!!" enough times, we'll buy it, we'll fall in line, we'll be good little peasants and believe what our oh so wise elders are saying. But I guess we aren't getting our brains washed fast enough, because now the plan seems to be "PUMP UP THE VOLUME!!" So now, they're SCREAMING it, and added holding their breath till they turn blue, with a little foot stamping thrown in for good measure. Can we send them to their rooms without supper till the start behaving like adults? . How freakin' stupid do they really think we are? Yeah, dumb question -- we all know exactly what they think of us. It's insulting and offensive, and this from a party that thinks they represent the 'common people' [snort]. Common people they have absolutely no respect for.

Posted by Ithildin at November 2, 2005 8:34 AM | PROCURE FINE OLD WORLD ABSINTHE

If we hear Dean scream "LIED!!!" enough times

. . . we'll remember that we've been meaning to buy a good set of earplugs anyhow.

Yeah, they don't seem to have much else in the way of "strategery," do they? It IS insulting. And after all this time, very tiresome. It's like I've been watching half the country and virtually all the media throw an enormous tantrum for the last four years.

Posted by: ilyka at November 2, 2005 8:44 AM

Or gags for them.

Good to 'see' you around!

Posted by: Ith at November 2, 2005 8:57 AM

"Up on the soapbox" works for you, Ith.

Posted by: Russ at November 2, 2005 10:15 AM

Why thank you :) I'm wearing my dressy 'soapbox' pumps too!

Posted by: Ith at November 2, 2005 10:20 AM

Show a little leg and the world will beat a path to your door, I always say.

Well, not always. Never before now, in fact. But maybe there's some truth to it.... ;-)

Posted by: Russ at November 2, 2005 3:24 PM

The Democratic party. The party of inclusion, the party of tolerance, the party of diversity...as long as you tow the party line. Look at poor Michael Steele, the Lt. Gov. of Maryland who has black Democrats throwing Oreos at him (for being black on the outside and white inside), calling him Uncle Tom and telling him that his politics are not in the best interest of his race. Nice, eh? Personally, I think Mr. Steele has seen the light and realized that the Democratic party is keeping blacks down and dependent. Kudos to him!

Posted by: Anna at November 2, 2005 5:32 PM

I was just getting ready to fire off a post about Maryland and what is going on with the Senate race and saw Anna's post and DITTO. I couldn't believe what I was reading this morning about it.

Posted by: Tina at November 2, 2005 8:55 PM

In the immortal "words" of Howard Dean: YEAAARRRGH!!! ;-)

Posted by: Dave J at November 2, 2005 11:39 PM

The Mantra of the Left during 60s was

Raise the Political Consciousness of the Masses

Well guess what?

They woke us up.

Guess what else?

We tend to think for ourselves and don't take orders worth a D%*&n.

That was not supposed to happen, we were supposed to become involved in the process yes, but we were supposed to let our betters do the real thinking.

What actually happened must be a shock to their sensitive little natures.

What were the words Jane Smiley used to describe us?

Oh yes I remember now.

"The unteachable ignorance of the red states"

"The history of the last four years shows that red state types, above all, do not want to be told what to do—they prefer to be ignorant. As a result, they are virtually unteachable."

Well she got one thing right we do NOT want to be told what to do, and we are awake now, BIG MISTAKE they should have let the lumpen masses slumber they ended up doing exactly what Yamamoto told the Japanese High command that THEY had done.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

You know they don't have the foggies clue how to bring us back into the fold do they?

Continuous rants and insults, are how you drive folks who think they are inferior to you,

Now THEY might not think that, but WE don't so this drive them on with the lash of the tongue is going to have different consequences, I don't think they have realised that yet,

The Democratic Party reminds me for all the world of a Gooneybird I once saw on Midway Island standing on a runway while a jet came in for a landing, there was absolutely nothing in that bird's genes to give it a clue that the jet was something it should step aside for,

As a result it got turned into charred feathers.

Posted by: Dan Kauffman at November 3, 2005 12:39 AM

Great comments, everyone. Thanks!

Posted by: Ith at November 3, 2005 10:51 AM