October 16, 2003

Sorry

Sorry for the lack of bloggage today. Just not doing too well today, I'm afraid. I'll try and pick up the slack tomorrow.

Jay mentioned in comments that Hosting Matters is down -- just an FYI.

On a totally unrelated note, listening to the news and the Kobe Bryant stuff, no wonder so many women don't report being raped.

Posted by Ithildin at October 16, 2003 6:43 PM | PROCURE FINE OLD WORLD ABSINTHE

Dean Esmay has the scoop on HM and a link to a working site for their forum. There is a massive DOS attack against them going on, which is being fought upstream by the bigger guns while they are offline to help quash it. They're trying to track it down and get info to authorities.

It's so big that it's either being spawned by someone with big bandwidth, or it has to be highly distributed. In any event, someone doesn't like them, or maybe someone(s) who hosts with them.

Posted by: Jay Solo at October 16, 2003 8:05 PM

Not doing too well as in bummed out by work still?

Posted by: Jay Solo at October 16, 2003 8:12 PM

Update:

The Hosting Matters attack seems to be aimed at one site they host, which reports on Middle East issues witha pro-Israel perspective. They are asking this fact to be widely reported in the blogosphere to help flush the perp out. The site targeted isn't yet named. It will be moved to a separate network to limit the impact on everyone else they host.

Posted by: Jay Solo at October 16, 2003 8:49 PM

Jay, yeah I'm a little mentally not well I guess :) (no comments from the peanut gallery!)

I did go to work today, and my boss and her supervisor reassured me lots and intend to do whatever it takes for me to feel safe coming to work. Some of the measures have yet to be implemented, so I'm expecting all hell to break loose when they are.

Posted by: Ith at October 17, 2003 9:14 AM